I’ve tried making these twice. The first time I made them, they were great. The last time I whipped them up, they were terrible. I was talking on the phone when I made them the second time, so it wouldn’t surprise me if I screwed up. It is also a really cheap recipe. Let me know what you think!
1 (15 oz) can Green Chile Sauce with Chicken
3 cups hot cooked long grain white rice (I like brown rice personally)
3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
5 large green bell peppers
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray a 9″ x 13″ dish with non-stick .
3) In a large bowl, mix the green chilie sauce with hot rice and cubed chicken. Set aside.
4) Assemble bell peppers by cutting in half and removing the membranes. Then fill each pepper half with the rie and chicken, dividing evenly.
5) Place pepper halves in the prepared baking dish and bake covered for 45 minutes.
6) Top each pepper with cheese and chopped red bell pepper. Bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Yields 5 servings.